Family obligations, financial demands, career relocation–sometimes life puts a pause on your degree plans. Before you know it, colleagues are earning promotions with credentials you almost finished.
UW-Stout’s BS in Individualized Studies offers returning adults, transfer students, and reentry students an avenue to advance their careers by finishing what they started. Expand your skillset, master innovations in your field, or just strengthen the abilities that already make you great. Our BS in Individualized Studies offers specialized instruction and online course flexibility, credit for prior learning, and the financial support to build a degree that works for you.
Our BS in Individualized Studies can be fully tailored to meet your specific needs in nearly any career field.
The Bachelor of Science in Individualized Studies (BSIS) builds upon the academic strength and framework of UW-Stout’s online customized instruction programs and is focused on returning adults, transfer, and reentry students seeking to advance their careers with degree completion. The student-focused BSIS degree program embraces credit for prior learning and previously earned credits by embedding them within the design of an individualized degree program. This degree-completion program is designed to encourage creativity and allow students to pursue vocational goals outside of discipline-specific majors at UW-Stout. Students must complete 32 credits from UW-Stout.
- Helping Professions: Advance in a profession that addresses challenges or nurtures the growth of our physical, psychological, intellectual, emotional, or spiritual well-being.
- Enterprise & Training: Refine the framework, tools, and experience to facilitate innovative ideas and solutions using enterprise and training principles in the business world.
- Leadership & Management: Build the leadership skills and mindset to manage processes, guide initiatives, plan strategically, and steer personnel toward measurable success.
- Small Business & Entrepreneurship: Build a strong, comprehensive foundation of business knowledge using best practices, data-driven strategies, and human resource capital.
- Nonprofit Sector: Develop the knowledge and skills needed to pursue or advance careers within nonprofit sector organizations.
This unique program is designed for returning adults, transfer, and reentry students seeking to advance their careers with degree completion.
The Ideal Candidate: Individuals enrolling in this program should have at least 45 credits from another institution or through prior learning. In addition, students should have a minimum of 3 years of professional work experience. Candidates for the BS Individualized Studies program are likely looking to advance their careers, change careers, or start a business.
Within the essay portion of the Universities of Wisconsin Application, please write a statement of interest, describing your professional goals and how this degree will help you reach your career goals. In addition, please attach/upload a current resume/curriculum vitae to the Universities of Wisconsin Application, or email separately to email@example.com.