Whether you’re just entering a criminal justice career or want to advance in the field, the online Master of Science in Criminal Justice will allow you to match your passion to your career.
The criminal justice program provides foundational knowledge in criminal justice systems, operations, and law for career mobility in the criminal justice field. You’ll also gain skills in organizational management, problem solving, communications, and research.
Choose how your career needs will best be suited by selecting an area of emphasis.
- Criminal Justice Theory: Designed for those who wish to continue graduate education in a PhD program or embark on a career in research for government and advocacy organizations.
- Criminal Justice Management: This emphasis will allow you to advance into a supervisory or administrative position in a variety of criminal justice settings.
- Victim and Offender Services: A perfect fit for anyone interested in working with crime victims, juveniles, probation, and parole clients, or providing services in institutional or community-based settings.
Earning a master’s degree or certificate in criminal justice will prepare you for a range of exciting potential careers, including but not limited to:
- Criminal Justice Management
- Crisis Counselor
- Deputy Regional Chief Ranger
- Executive Officer of Security
- Faculty Instructor in Higher Education
- Federal Probation Officer
- Intake Coordinator
- National Inmate Appeals Administration
- Patrol Sergeant
- Police Captain
- Polygraph Instructor
- Senior Sexual Assault Legal/ Medical Advocate
- Sr. Export Compliance and Investigation Analyst
- U.S. Marshal
Criminal justice graduates have opportunities to thrive in a number of organizations and industries, making this degree versatile and valuable. Earning a master’s degree in criminal justice can help you grow in your existing career or explore new opportunities.