BS in Human Services Leadership (HSL) is an integrative and empowering area of study that will prepare you for career paths that are rewarding on both a personal and professional basis.
Through professional internships and interactive class sessions in our HSL program, you will become a well-rounded leader of social change at all levels. You will become an advocate for individuals, families and communities and address personal, social and environmental issues.
Human services professionals aren’t defined by a single job or work setting, but they all share a common mission: to improve the lives of individuals and communities, including vulnerable or disadvantaged populations.
- Intro to Human Services Leadership.
- Interpersonal Relationships in the Helping Professions.
- Financial Sustainability in NonProfit Organizations.
- Globalization in Human Services.
- Social Issues & Solutions in Human Services.
- Human Behaviors & Strategies for Intervention.
- Program Evaluation & Grant Writing.
- Legal & Ethical Aspects of Human Services.
- Leadership & Decision Making.
This program also includes internships.
Graduates from the human services leadership program work in a variety of fields and professions. The program is ideal for anyone who:
- Desires a career leading people and organizations that address social, economic and environmental issues at all levels.
- Want to gain knowledge and experience in human behavior, social issues, ethics and conflict resolution
- Strive to become an advocate for others and use their skill to benefit society.
- Desire personally and professional rewarding career paths.
UWO+ programs are designed for working professionals. Students are required to meet the admission requirements set by the UW Oshkosh Office of Undergraduate Admissions. We review each application using a comprehensive review process.