UW Oshkosh’s online bachelor of applied studies Aviation Management program prepares you to move into an advanced position and become an industry leader. With a focus on developing advanced skills in leadership and administration, your Aviation Management degree builds upon your professional and educational aviation experience.
Coursework integrates aviation law, airline production management and analysis methods for aviation and aerospace systems.
Students in the Aviation Management emphasis improve their career potential by developing skills and knowledge in the following areas:
- Aviation and aeronautics systems analysis
- Airline management
- Aviation law
- Aviation labor relations
- Strategic and operational planning
- Conflict resolution, negotiation
- Arbitration skills
UW Oshkosh’s online Aviation Management emphasis prepares students who have an applied associate degree, A&P diploma or a minimum of three years of related professional experience to move into advanced positions and become industry leaders. With a focus on developing skills in leadership and administration, your Aviation Management emphasis builds upon your professional and educational aviation experience.
There are four primary ways that students qualify for admission into the BAS Aviation Management program.
Applicants with FAA Licenses of ATP+ or A&P
- Applicants may apply for admission to the Aviation Management program with documentation of the following credentials:
- Copy of current FAA License
- A current resume.
- One year of full-time experience in a related position.
- Two recommendation letters: one from applicant’s supervisor and one from a colleague.
Applicants with an Aviation-related Associate Degree or Technical Diploma
- Must have a regionally-accredited associate degree in pilot training or avionics earned after 1990.
Applicants with a Non-Aviation Applied Associate Degree
- Must have a regionally-accredited applied associate degree with a GPA of at least 2.0.
- The degree must have been earned after 1990.
- Students who do not hold an aviation related degree are required to complete the course: LS180 – Introduction to Aviation.
Experienced Aviation Professionals without an Applied Associate Degree
Applicant may apply for admission to the Aviation Management program with documentation of the following credentials:
- A current resume
- Three years of full-time experience in a related position
- Two recommendation letters: one from applicant’s supervisor and one from a colleague